Jackie Fletcher and Louise Reynolds
In this episode Jackie and Louise talk to members of the Fabulously Keto Facebook Group to find out how they cope with Christmas and the festive season. They all share their top tips.
Everyone’s Top Tips
- Treat yourself to some lovely cheeses and charcuterie so you don’t feel left out.
- Don’t be hard on yourself – Be kind to yourself and enjoy Christmas and the company.
- Don’t make food a dominant part of the celebrations.
- Reflect on where you had a problem last year and come up with a plan to avoid the issue this year.
- Remember the love around the holidays – the people are the most important the food is secondary
- Plan, plan, plan
- Know your why
- If you are going to come off plan
- a.) You don’t go mad – it is not every meal and it’s not all the time
- b.) Put a date in the diary when you will get back on plan
Carrie Brown’s recipes
Megan Ellam’s recipes
Keto Kitchen: Delicious recipes for energy and weight loss (Keto Kitchen Series) – Monya Kilian-Palmer
Quotes by Everyone
“If there’s a little chink in your own armour that’s an opportunity to really go off plan.” – Heather Temple-Mills
“Welcome to the club of oddness, you are amongst fine company here, so all the odd Odd Fellows.” – Louise Reynolds
“Remember the love and people around you.” – JoAnn McManamy
“I do say no. It is difficult. I have been in situations where I will tell them no, I don’t do sugar.”- Heidi Standon
“Be kind to yourself and look for other non-food ways to treat yourself.” – Heidi Standon
“It’s not all about achieving that very end goal. It’s about little steps along the way, or where would you like to see yourself next month.” – Nicola Lock
“I overeat at Christmas but I don’t do high carb.” – Liz LePla
“Temptation could be there because of the emotion and everything that’s linked around traditions at Christmas – It’s going to be quite a challenge.” – Juliet Carbin
If you have enjoyed listening to this episode – Leave us a review
By leaving us a review on your favourite podcast platform, you help us to be found by others.
Support us on Patreon
Help Jackie and Louise make more episodes by supporting them on Patreon:https://www.patreon.com/FabulouslyKeto
Connect with us on social media
Music by Bob Collum
Recommend a guest
We would love to know if you have a favourite guest you would like us to interview. Let us know who you would like to hear of if you have a particular topic you would like us to cover.
We sometimes get a small commission on some of the links, this goes towards the costs of producing the podcast.